CWMF — Your Experienced Frac Sand Equipment Partner
Increasingly high demand for frac sand required in the exploding domestic oil and gas industry has created a surge of new interest as well as regulations among sand plant developers and government entities alike. Wisconsin in particular offers an abundant, accessible supply of this precious resource in close proximity to the Bakken production area.
With the increased demand comes responsibility and the need for an experienced partner. CWMF, a Minnesota company since 1968, designs and manufactures sand drying process equipment and offers a proven record of service and performance in the frac sand market.
Revolution D™ Sand Dryer — the Parallel-Flow Advantage
CWMF’s Revolution D sand dryer is a parallel-flow system preferred by many over other drying methods, such as a fluid bed. Also referred to as a rotary sand dryer, the Revolution D offers the benefits of variable capacity, the ability to accommodate varying moisture content, and the flexibility to quickly adjust to varying production needs. With the addition of CWMF’s Wedgelok system, tire adjustments are quick and easy. The rotary sand dryer is the most common system used throughout the Midwest. When it’s a Revolution D designed and manufactured by CWMF, it comes with peace of mind knowing you’re never more than a call away from experienced industry knowledge and maintenance to avoid costly down times.
Sand Dryers to Dust Control Systems
CWMF’s comprehensive, custom equipment offerings include:
- Revolution D Rotary Sand Dryer
- Wedgelok™ — Our proprietary tire suspension system tire eliminates labor intensive adjustments. Simply adjusting one set-screw on each side of the tire and it’s set, quickly and accurately.
- The Dust-Eater Baghouse® — Introduced in 1988, CWMF has been building Dust-Eater baghouses for a wide variety of industry applications. We keep all replacement parts in stock and ready to ship.
- Storage silos
- Feeder bins
- Bucket elevators
Why choose a rotary dryer over a fluid bed dryer?
- Rotary dryers — and especially CWMF’s Revolution D — are engineered to stand up to the tough demands of heavy-duty construction and high production rates
- Production variability — can handle fluctuations in feed rates and moisture levels
- Lower electrical cost to operate compared to a fluid bed
- Significantly lower initial purchase cost
- CFM requirements are lower with a rotary dryer, thus reducing the size and cost of the baghouse
Parallel flow beats counter flow
- Product dryness correlates to the exhaust gas temperature
- Easier to maintain proper baghouse temperatures to avoid condensation in the baghouse